Saturday, October 4, 2008

Big Proof!

Isn't dope when your nickname is Proof and you have proof to proof that your ill, and that's why they call you Proof. Deshaun Holton was born two days ago on the second of October. Originally I did not plan on doing a tribute on the blog since I always pay my dues privately. But I decided to write a short note reciting the love and admiration that I have for Proof when I heard a dedication Royce Da 5'9 did.
Till this day I sit and remember when I first woke up to find out that Proof died, in shock I didn't believe. After hitting up a few sources this nightmare was true and it hit me in my heart. As a hip-hop head I shared the passion that Proof had for hip-hop and admire the Detroit scene he helped ran.
Searching the net I founded a new track from Royce Da 5'9 dedicated to Proof on his born day. After hearing it, it got me soft and mushy but it made me realize to celebrate your love ones born day instead of reminiscing in their dead day.
No matter what "I'm Searching For Deshaun Holton" and I still miss and love Proof.
Royce Da 5'9- Live Your Life

No comments: