Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Live Show At Its Finest

Just about 24 hours ago my good self was jumping to the sounds of Estelle, the Roots Crew, and Gym Class Heroes. The show was extraordinary and one of the best I've ever attended. Perhaps this would be my longest blog but yet the best, details are necessary.

Driven with the love I have for both of these bands I ended up showing up six hours early to eat at the HOB restaurant and get the pass the line especial. An hour into waiting it started to rain, I ended up under a pavilion next to the gates where the tour bus was. After standing for about 30 minutes I saw Dishashi walk out and I proceeded to say wussup to him. The rain started falling down harder.

After saluting Disashi I saw the Eric and Matt run fast into a car, so I couldn't say shit to them but what's cool is that Travis was the only one walking so I said wussup and he came by and gave me a handshake which was cool.

DeJesus! Cool ass dude, he came out and walked and we ended up talking for a good 10 minutes. Which he informed me that GCH went to a meet & greet. He's the hype man of the crew.

The wait was a bitch but it was all good after I got in and ended in the first row at the middle of the stage, the best seat in the house, to me at least. Funny thing is not a seat but rather spot because you actually have to stand. The opening act was Estelle, to keep it short, she was okay, the sound was a bit bad but her live personality made up for it. And the fact she pointed at me a couple of times and told me two step.

When the Roots came out I was fixing to get down and I did. Their set was full of soul and just an ill sound vibe. Black Thought ripped shit up like always and Questlove held his own two. But the dope things is that each of the members had a solo to demonstrate their talent and they did it well. Especially the dude with a the Tuba, just imagine that, dope.

Overall the set was profound and what I liked was that it capture the whole band and their talents not just the lead vocalist and how good he is. When they were done Questlove stood up put the his drumsticks in the air and threw them, I ended up catching one of them.

To wrap up the show was Gym Class Heroes, they fucking shook the place down. The whole band was live and hyped that made the whole place jump. Travis couldn't stay still for one minute which made it great and not boring. Also their interludes to their songs were dope. At the end I ended up grabbing the Set List from DeJesus and nothing else but another handshake from Travis.

The show was amazing and I recommend anyone to get their tickets and feel sorry for the ones who missed it. Estelle, the Legendary Roots Crew, and Gym Class Heroes. Astonishing.

No comments: