Friday, August 15, 2008

Times Like This....

Fuck the summer, it's school season. Take your pencils out and sharpen them. Anyways, this is not defining the topic of tonight's lesson. The topic of this post is the Olympics. I haven't been so proud of being an American. Actually I'm not American but rather Colombian, but I live in an American society and interact with Americans and live part of their culture, which makes me and you American.
Besides that, I've only been interested on the Olympics just because of the basketball and track and field (if that's what is called.) Knowing the USA basketball team as a whole separates me from the fact that I don't have a clue who the track people are. Which excites me when i see them run so damn fast. It's unbelievable what the human body can be trained for.
But what really inspires and leaves my brain confuse is the capability of what the great Michael Phelps is achieving. This man is doing what no one could ever do and making it better by breaking a record in each competition he is in. I really do hope he will take all the gold for the remaining competitions and break the record in each one of them.
Michael Phelps is the reason I get so hyped to get my fat ass in the pool and swim two laps. So my respect is due for this man. Now let's get 'em.



P.S.- USA basketball team, you better bring home the gold or that's your asses on the line. I mean really, shit, look at the line up.

No comments: